Business Development Manager
Division: Corporate - US NY
Job type: Full-Time
Location: New York
Closing date: 30/11/2018
Why work for us?
We have a fun and vibrant culture. We believe in team building, collaboration, and career development. We pride ourselves on hiring committed and hardworking individuals who bring new ideas and different perspectives.
TAG is seeking an ambitious and highly motivated Business Development Manager to join our growing New York office.
The individual will be responsible for identifying new business opportunities, increasing sales, and building integral relationships while maintaining knowledge of current market conditions.
It is the responsibility of the Business Development Manager to collaborate with clients and internal teams to increase sales opportunities.
Duties and responsibilities
- Achieve sales objectives through prospecting and networking for new business at any given opportunity with a multi strategy approach
- Work to identify and evaluate new markets, target new clients, new leads and opportunities
- Manage sales process through qualification, needs analysis, negotiation and close
- Develop and maintain an effective business, national sales, marketing plans and client retention strategies
- Properly forecast monthly, quarterly and annual revenue numbers
- Document all sales contacts and activities in Sales Force CRM system, follow up on potential leads, prepare reports, manage pipeline and perform other tasks necessary to drive revenue
- Provide constant and timely feedback to Management by communicating back the outcome of the negotiations/proposals (e.g., clear details, critical time frames, and expectations)
- Be an active team player both on the sales team and throughout to help meet company objectives
- Manage a diverse range of client accounts in a professional manner
- Arrange client meetings
- Produce and analyze regular management information reports
- Explore all segments of the business and emerging markets to maximum possible use of services offered to develop and identify new opportunities over all divisions
- Work with Global Sales team to develop sales strategies and innovative approaches to avoid stagnation in the marketplace
- Participate in training sessions to further expand knowledge and core skills in addition to continuously educating yourself by attending industry events and workshops etc.
Knowledge and skills
- Proven track record of developing new businesses and achieving and exceeding targets
- Current database of Private Investment, Private Equity and Asset Management, alternative Investment and finance contacts is highly desirable and advantageous
- Strong knowledge of the travel industry, current and forthcoming product offerings
- Strong ability to create sales presentation and other sales collateral
- SalesForce CRM system experience
- Demonstrated ability to perform in a dynamic and fast-paced environment both independently and as a collaborative team
- Extremely hard working, determined and results driven
- A real people person who is positive, an expert negotiator and an influencer to those at C level
- Flexibility in work schedule is required
- Excellent organisational, communication and time management skills
- Attention to detail and ability to prioritise workload
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work under pressure and be pro-active
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to build and maintain trusting and well regarded relationships with internal and external clients
- Persists despite obstacles and opposition or setbacks
- Conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure.
- Holds one’s self accountable for results.
TAG is an award-winning global, independent travel and event management company with five specialist business units – Corporate, Touring, Events, Private Travel & Film and Media.
Our experienced teams are dedicated to clients around the clock from offices in London, Manchester, Los Angeles, Nashville, Atlanta, New York, Singapore, Melbourne and Sydney.
For 30 years the company has been devoted to servicing travel and event demands of global organisations and the bespoke travel requirements of exclusive clientele, with a focus on providing an exceptional service to the business.