Built in 1889 as a private residence, the building’s legacy as a hotel began in 1911. The building’s reincarnation sees soaring ceilings restored and the original brick and steel work revealed. Touches of fantasy permeate the public spaces, where ‘Alice in Wonderland’ whimsy is invoked with playful proportions. The spacious rooms and suites are equally eccentric, featuring bespoke furnishings and bold Berliner spirit. At the heart of the hotel the welcoming Living Room entices guests to linger, and a double-sided fireplace flickers both inside and into the open-air Winter Garden. Local DJ talent spins in the lively Grace Bar, home to the city’s creatives and scenesters from near and far.
The 141 rooms and suites in the historic building of Hotel Zoo Berlin are designed to pamper. Plush, heavy curtains, rich carpets, George Smith sofas, and sizeable platform beds create a glamorous feel worthy of 1920s Berlin. The suites feature dual rain showers, a freestanding bathtub with fireplace, a powder room, and even slippers by Maison Martin Margiela. Each room and suite has its own layout and character. The panorama rooms offer views of either Berlin’s famed Ku’Damm boulevard or across the rooftops to the “Theater des Westens”.
- Grace Restaurant: Casual twist on fine dining; the creative menu is inspired by chef Martin Bruhn’s endeavours in Asia.
- Grace Bar: Speakeasy reinvented for the present-day traveller, making it one of the hippest places in Berlin.
- Living Room Bar: Lounge bar with an Alice in Wonderland feel.
- Rooftop: Urban oasis with views of the stunning berlin skyline.
- Four meeting rooms
- Grace Restaurant
- Grace Bar
- Rooftop Bar
- Rooftop Lounge
- Tour bus parking & charging station
- Winter Garden
- Fitness center
- Porsche experience
- Exclusive bar
Address: Kurfürstendamm 25, Berlin 10719, Germany
- Distance to airport: 10km from Berlin Tegel Airport (TXL)
- Taxi (journey length/cost): 20-25 mins / 25 Eur
- Parking (facilities/cost): 22 Eur per day