Locke immerses you in a world of a creative community where the lines between sleep, eat, work and play are softened. Designed for travellers for whom a bed and shower in a shoebox isn’t enough. Offering creative thinking spaces for those who seek cultural authenticity and genuine hospitality that is rooted in and enhanced by thought-provoking design.
Set in a beautiful 19th century building in Manchester’s civic quarter, Whitworth Locke is minutes from the city’s best independent bars & shops and the renowned cultural hub The Northern Quarter.
The 160 studios and suites come in all shapes and sizes, embracing the quirks and history of the former cotton mill. We have curated each generously sized apartment to provide a fully equipped kitchen and open plan living space, all finished with an innovative mix of colour, pattern, texture and art.
Guests can also relax in the shared lounge area and inner atrium which offers design-led co-working spaces, private meeting rooms and is catered by our bespoke coffee shop and Conservatory bar.
Each apartment has WiFi access and feature a fully equipped kitchen and dining area, a Smart TV with easy media streaming, and a private bathroom with bath or shower and complimentary toiletries. Bringing the style and comfort of a boutique hotel and the independence and functionality of a serviced apartment to leisure and business travellers alike, whether staying for a few days or a few months your apartment includes all the necessities to help you feel at home, including a washer/dryer, temperature control air-conditioning as well as open plan social spaces.
Named after the mill it calls home, The Cotton Factory hosts a continuous series of pop-up dining experiences, showcasing cuisine from all over the globe in collaboration with up and coming new food traders. Designed as a sociable community space, at the heart of the Manchester restaurant is an open kitchen that allows diners to watch as their food is being prepared. The flexible open plan seating area features a range of booths, benches, or private dining.
- 24 hour Reception and Concierge
- Super fast WiFi throughout
- Luggage Storage
- Additional room cleaning options
- Fully accessible apartments available
- Personal safe in each apartment
- Welcome Essentials Pack (including tea, coffee, milk, nibbles)
- Family rooms
- Air-conditioning available in certain rooms
74 Princess Street, Manchester City Centre, Manchester, M1 6JD, United Kingdom
Distance to airport:
- Manchester Airport: 8 miles
- Liverpool John Lennon Airport: 27.1 miles
- Leeds Bradford International Airport: 36.1 miles
Taxi (journey length/cost):
- Manchester Airport: 20 minutes
- Liverpool John Lennon Airport: 45 minutes
- Leeds Bradford International Airport: 1 hour 20 minutes
Parking (facilities/cost): There is no car parking on site but there is a NCP car park next door to the property.
- Onsite Restaurant at The Cotton Factory
- The Conservatory Bar
- Foundation Coffee shop
- Locke Shop (If you’ve forgotten your toothpaste, umbrella or any other essentials)
- 24 hour gym
- Co-working and private meeting spaces
- Weekly wellbeing classes e.g. Yoga, personal training
- Artist Exhibitions; Creative in Residence