Events Business Development Executive
Job type: Full Time
Location: London or Manchester
Closing date: 05/09/2019
TAG’s events division provides an end-to-end service. Managing events for domestic as well as international events for regional and international clients. The team aims to deliver innovative, creative and excellent services to all stakeholders.
The successful candidate is a creative, sales-focused event professional with some operational and logistics experience.
This role would suit a candidate with previous event management experience who wants to develop a career in event sales.
You would have good knowledge of global venues, suppliers, budgeting, successful pitching and business development. Working closely with the Event Sales Manager, you also require the ability to research and write new proposals and RFI/RFP submissions plus excellent financial management, prioritisation and experience of closing business is an essential prerequisite.
There may be occasions where you will be required to manage event delivery.
Duties & responsibilities
- Support the Event Sales Manager by researching, writing new proposals and pitch documentation
- Researching and contacting warm leads and convert in to new client wins by closing the deal
- Manage transition from sales to an event delivery team
- Support event delivery and client relationships
- Maintain up to date knowledge and understanding of the event industry
Knowledge & skills
- Extensive experience within an event agency and preferably in a sales role
- Experience of responding to RFI/RFPs and creating bespoke proposals to meet client briefs
- Experience of successful pitch situations and confidence to present to an audience
- A solid client contact book
- Global venue and supplier knowledge
- Creative proposal-writing skills
- Knowledge of PowerPoint
- Understanding event technology
- Operational experience beneficial
- Marketing knowledge and skills beneficial
TAG is an award-winning global, independent travel and event management company with five specialist business units – Corporate, Touring, Events, Private Travel & Film and Media.
Our experienced teams are dedicated to clients around the clock from offices in London, Manchester, Leeds, Los Angeles, Nashville, Atlanta, New York, Singapore, Melbourne and Sydney.
For 30 years the company has been devoted to servicing travel and event demands of global organisations and the bespoke travel requirements of exclusive clientele, with a focus on providing an exceptional service to the business.