Event Sales Manager
Job type: Permanent
Location: London or Manchester
Closing date: 31/08/2019
We are seeking an experienced Event Sales Manager to join our fast-growing and dynamic company.
Our ideal candidate has a sound background in events sales with extensive experience in an agency environment. Preferably with knowledge of local and international event delivery and operations.
We are looking for a confident, dynamic team player to ‘open doors’ for our team of experienced event managers to confirm and deliver the events and maximise opportunities through corporate tender and RFP/RFI processes.
The successful candidate would be expected to generate leads and develop a network of clients using their extensive contacts in the industry, research and proactive networking skills.
Duties & responsibilities
- Develop key growth sales strategies, tactics and action plans for the UK Events team
- Achieve agreed new business targets
- Generate new business event enquiries using new and existing contacts
- Research opportunities for the company to enter tender and RFP/RFI processes
- Ensure TAG’s inclusion on procurement event rosters
- Create new contacts through networking and industry events
- Build client relationships to develop repeat business
- Work with other TAG sales colleagues in the UK, USA and APAC to share knowledge and contacts
Knowledge & skills
- Extensive experience working in the events industry with a knowledge of corporate events
- Confident and engaging with credibility to sell to buyers in a busy events marketplace
- Enthusiastic team player
- Great financial and organisational skills with ability to prioritise in a challenging environment
- Proven track record in events sales and delivery of high level customer service with a proactive and positive approach
- CRM Software experience (Salesforce an advantage)
TAG is an award-winning global, independent travel and event management company with five specialist business units – Corporate, Touring, Events, Private Travel & Film and Media.
Our experienced teams are dedicated to clients around the clock from offices in London, Manchester, Los Angeles, Nashville, Atlanta, New York, Singapore, Melbourne and Sydney.
For 30 years the company has been devoted to servicing travel and event demands of global organisations and the bespoke travel requirements of exclusive clientele, with a focus on providing an exceptional service to the business.