Operations Support Specialist
Job type: Full-Time
Location: Los Angeles/New York/Nashville
Closing date: 31/08/2019
TAG is seeking an Operations Support Specialist to join the Los Angeles team. This important role will be responsible for providing overall support to the Operations team.
Duties & responsibilities
- Provide general support and assistance to Operations department.
- Assist the members of Operations team with handling agent fare enquiries, ticketing and reissues.
- Coordinate GDS help-desk queries or issues and evaluate GDS service center call logger.
- Track all AIR waivers, favors and agent errors via US Ops/TAG Tools as instructed by line manager. Log all client and supplier favors accordingly.
- Develop working knowledge of tasks in system tools such as Intranet, MaJic, Travelport, Navitas, PNR Watcher, Galileo, Apollo, Agentivity Queue Sorter. Report any system issues.
- Build good working relationships with key vendors and maintain vendor contact details.
- Respond to all internal and external communications and correspondence proactively, promptly, efficiently and accurately.
- Engage daily in the intranet to ensure awareness of important notifications. Use the intranet as an information source and to seek answers. Actively participate in social aspects of the intranet to support a global working community.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
Knowledge & skills
- Travel agency experience in agent or support capacity is required.
- Experience with air commissions, ticketing, and airline industry knowledge is required.
- Experience with GDS and Apollo is preferred.
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills and a customer-service orientation. Excellent organization skills
- Strong desire to learn and develop new skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle significant fluctuations in workload level and intensity.
- Must be able to work effectively in a team-oriented environment.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
TAG is an award-winning global, independent travel and event management company with five specialist business units – Corporate, Touring, Events, Private Travel & Film and Media.
Our experienced teams are dedicated to clients around the clock from offices in London, Manchester, Leeds, Los Angeles, Nashville, Atlanta, New York, Singapore, Melbourne and Sydney.
For 30 years the company has been devoted to servicing travel and event demands of global organisations and the bespoke travel requirements of exclusive clientele, with a focus on providing an exceptional service to the business.