Senior Travel Consultant
Job type: Permanent
Closing date: 08/02/2020
Do you want to accelerate your career by getting exposure to all kinds of travel consulting across vibrant Asia? Does the chance to make an impact on a small and dynamic team excite you? What about the opportunity to get a taste of all of the unique TAG travel divisions all in one role? Well look no further!
A rare opportunity has arisen to join our small but unique Singapore team, looking after clients across Singapore and Hong Kong.
Duties & responsibilities
To be successful in this role, you’ll need to be energetic and pick things up quickly. You’ll ideally have at least a couple of years of travel/TMC experience under your belt, and have good fares, reissues, refunds and queue management experience. You’ll be a team player and a natural problem solver, and relish the opportunity to work across multiple divisions, and most importantly, you’ll be looking to grow your career in travel by learning about and having a big impact on a new (for TAG) region! This role will be responsible for servicing clients in both Singapore and Hong Kong.
- Being accountable for all client account travel requirements, analysing, anticipating and understanding clients’ preferences and needs.
- Providing full itinerary plans and all relevant correspondence, proactively and accurately delivered in a timely manner, working between the GDS (Galileo), low cost carriers and consolidators, ensuring PNR accuracy.
- Ensuring the client itineraries and accounting queries meet all reconciliation requirements.
- Creating or updating BARS, may be required to update parts of customers in relevant systems.
- Maintaining client and booking data in internal systems.
- Cultivating excellent working relationships internally, with clients and with key suppliers.
- Maintaining up to date knowledge and information on suppliers and working with managers on knowledge gaps.
Knowledge & skills
- Ability to work on both corporate project-based enquiries
- Fluency in Cantonese or Mandarin desirable
- Good knowledge of Galileo
- Basic knowledge of booking and issuing in Apollo
- Experience in dealing with VIP/CIP clientele
- Excel, Googledocs and sheets
- Amazing, rare and sought-after opportunity to join our team and work on some fantastic clients
- Great career development opportunities
- Fab benefits, especially in travel
- Growing global company, and you’ll be joining at a super exciting time
- Passionate team and great culture and office spaces.
TAG is an award-winning global, independent travel and event management company with five specialist business units – Corporate, Touring, Events, Private Travel & Film and Media.
Our experienced teams are dedicated to clients around the clock from offices in London, Manchester, Los Angeles, Nashville, Atlanta, New York, Singapore, Melbourne and Sydney.
For 30 years the company has been devoted to servicing travel and event demands of global organisations and the bespoke travel requirements of exclusive clientele, with a focus on providing an exceptional service to the business.