Event Team Operations Manager - APAC
Job type: Full-Time
Closing date: 01/11/2019
TAG’s events division provides an end-to-end service for clients. Managing events for domestic as well as international events for regional and international clients. The team aims to deliver innovative, creative and excellent services to all stakeholders.
The successful candidate will have extensive event agency experience with a track record of managing staff and a detailed knowledge of leading large international events.
Dedicated, proactive and passionate. You are a team player who can develop client relationships, win business, lead on complex projects, combined with providing exceptionally high levels of customer service. A keen attention to detail and ability to lead by example.
This is a senior position within the APAC Events team to support the APAC Director of Events and to work with TAG’s other division managers to grow TAG Australia, showing professionalism and promoting positive working relationships with all levels of staff across the Group.
Duties & responsibilities
- Line management of the Events team (Australia)
- Day to day event operations management from proposals and pitches to event delivery to ensure consistent high standards and compliance
- Lead / support on closing and delivering new and existing business
- Manage the team’s largest events demonstrating operational excellence and leading by example
- Creating and managing a positive, well-motivated team that work closely together and support each other
- To train and mentor the event staff to ensure all relevant staff can write proposals, pitch for business, manage budgets, lead or support complex projects and deliver events within the level of their role
- Implement the Event operations processes, identifying new opportunities for improvement
- Develop best practice client retention and maximisation of profit across all projects/accounts
- Work with the other APAC Managers to set operational and team direction of TAG-Australia
Knowledge & skills
- Complex project management skills, with an ability to deliver in a dynamic and fast paced environment
- Strong team/staff management skills providing continual mentoring and motivation
- Proven negotiation, influencing and management skills across all levels of stakeholders
- A proven ability to manage and control large and logistically complicated events and their budgets
- Ability to communicate and consult effectively with clients and senior TAG staff at a senior level
- An honest, consistent and integral team player with a good sense of humour, tenacity, drive and energy
- Analytical, disciplined and articulate
- Confident, robust and mature persona with a natural instinct to nurture and develop a team
TAG is an award-winning global, independent travel and event management company with five specialist business units – Corporate, Touring, Events, Private Travel & Film and Media.
Our experienced teams are dedicated to clients around the clock from offices in London, Manchester, Leeds, Los Angeles, Nashville, Atlanta, New York, Singapore, Melbourne and Sydney.
For 30 years the company has been devoted to servicing travel and event demands of global organisations and the bespoke travel requirements of exclusive clientele, with a focus on providing an exceptional service to the business.