6th March 2017
Written on 6th March 2017
1 Hotel Brooklyn Bridge – A new generation of nature-led luxury hotels
1 Hotels, the mission-driven luxury lifestyle hotel brand, opened the doors of its third property and first ground-up development, 1 Hotel Brooklyn Bridge. Remaining true to 1 Hotels founder, Barry Sternlicht, core philosophy, "The world around us is beautiful, and we want to keep it that way." The property cultivates the best of eco-conscious design, sustainable architecture, cause-oriented partnerships, and unrivaled service.
Situated at Pier 1, just south of the iconic Brooklyn Bridge, in Brooklyn Bridge Park with sweeping waterfront views of the Manhattan skyline and the Statue of Liberty, 1 Hotel Brooklyn Bridge was developed by a joint venture partnership between Starwood Capital Group and Toll Brothers City Living.
The property features 194 guest rooms, including 29 two- to six-bedroom suites and The Riverhouse, its Presidential Suite, with most rooms offering panoramic views of the East River, the Brooklyn Bridge and the New York City skyline. The project also includes the adjoining new condominium, Pierhouse, which consists of 106 townhome-style residences spread across two waterfront buildings and is sustainably and beautifully designed by Marvel Architects.
The dwellings are complemented by a 4,000 square-foot rooftop, nine-treatment room Bamford Haybarn Spa (opening in June 2017), a state- of-the-art fitness center, a yoga and barre studio operated by POE Yoga, two restaurants, an intimate 10th floor lounge, a 50-seat screening room, and lobby cocktail service.
Narrated by Nature
The 10-story hotel occupies Pier 1 in Brooklyn Bridge Park, an 85-acre beautification project that stretches 1.3 miles along the East River waterfront. The hotel project originally began in late-2011, however when Hurricane Sandy hit the East Coast in 2012, 1 Hotel's architectural drawings for the Brooklyn Bridge property had just been completed. To honor the force of nature, Olivié Ponce, an artist and creator in Bushwick, Brooklyn, painted a watermark in remembrance of Hurricane Sandy along the walls of the corner suites.
Committed to sustainability and preserving the environment, 1 Hotel Brooklyn Bridge was built under LEED® guidelines and underscores the following efforts:
- The design of the hotel features a 54 percent ratio of regional and reclaimed materials;
- The hotel will eventually boast a LEED Dynamic Plaque™ which will measure and display the building's eco-conscious practices in real time.
- 1 Hotel Brooklyn Bridge operates a rain-water reclamation system that will reduce storm water runoff into neighboring water streams by more than 50 percent prior to the site development;
- The property uses 100 percent wind power energy;
- The hotel features low-energy light bulbs, a Triple Clear water purification system, in-room recycling bins, and fresh dining offerings;
- 1 Hotels has committed to donating a percentage of sales from in-room dining and goodthings (the hotel's mini bar) to Action Against Hunger;
- The hotel features a nature-driven art collection, including a textured rubber sculpture, "All OVEREACHOTHER," created by Jarrod Beck from massive rubber pieces of roofing that were stripped from a big box retailer's roof during a tornado.
[gallery columns="6" ids="18257,18261,18259,18256,18254,18253"]
Rooms & Suites with a Lady Liberty View
The interiors of the 194 guest rooms and suites were designed to honor the historical significance of one of world's busiest waterways—the East River. The most stunning feature is a sleek floor-to-ceiling sliding window that transforms the guestroom into an open-air den with skyline views of Manhattan and the Statue of Liberty. Furnishings include a porous stone-looking table of composite wood, leather chairs and pendant leather lampshades.
Other room amenities include:
- Custom hemp-blend mattress by Keetsa wrapped in 100% organic cotton sheets
- Triple Clear filtered water
- On-demand meditation content by Biet Simkin, Meditation Leader for 1 Hotels
- Marble rain showers with a 5-minute, hour-glass timer to remind guests to conserve water
- A green moment - living plants and trees by leading landscape team, Harrison Green
- LCD 55-inch smart television
- Riverview hammocks (Skyline Suites and Riverhouse only)
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- In-room yoga mats
- Cozy socks to take home
- Goodthings & (not so) goodthings which consists of curated refreshments and local experiences
- Family-friendly amenities available through the Seedlings program
In addition, the hotel amenities include a fresh farm stand in the lobby, botanically driven cocktail program by Arley Marks, complimentary rides in Tesla premium electric vehicles, and valet parking for bicycles. Guests also have 24-hour access to the Field House fitness center. 1 Hotels properties are pet friendly with special amenities and no fees for visiting pets.
Brooklyn Bites + Concoctions:
- Neighbors– Located on the ground level, 1 Hotels presents Neighbors, a picnic-fare café offering seasonal, fresh items from local Brooklyn purveyors. The menu includes fresh fruit smoothies and super food salads.
- 1 Hotel Lobby – From 4pm to 11pm daily, guests and residents of Brooklyn can sip on cocktails and freshly brewed coffee while hosting an impromptu meeting or working from their laptop.
- Signature Restaurant – 1 Hotel's main restaurant will be opening later this spring.
Rooftop Pool & Bar
Debuting in May 2017, the rooftop will welcome hotel guests and locals to a 4,000-square-foot urban retreat with unrivaled views of the East River, Brooklyn Bridge Park, and the Manhattan skyline. Brooklyn's newest day life hotspot will feature a 3-foot lounge pool, full-service bar, fire pits and seating spaces made from reclaimed railroad ties where up to 350 guests can relax and sip craft cocktails. The rooftop will be available for private events and small weddings.
10th Floor Lounge
One floor below the rooftop, a dark, ashy wood 2,800-square-foot lounge space, surrounded in floor-to-ceiling windows, and it is expected to become New York's most coveted hideaway. The cozy den will feature a functioning fireplace and black silica furniture created by Brooklyn artist Fernando Mastrangelo. The space can seat 60 for private events, and it will open in May.
The Screening Room
1 Hotel Brooklyn Bridge features a 50-seat screening room on the cellar level of the hotel. The 1,250-square-foot space features an 84"x140" screen with full HD-digital projection. Available for private film or television viewing events, the screening room is the ideal venue for a private gathering.
Event & Meeting Spaces
1 Hotel Brooklyn Bridge counts more than 20,000 square feet of flexible meeting, social and event space with high-tech audio/visual equipment, featuring sliding floor-to-ceiling windows and tree-line or Skyline views. The Meadow Rue event space, located on the ground floor, opens onto the park, designed with a full wall of collapsible doors and windows to accommodate up to 1,000 guests. All spaces are named after native plants, grasses, trees and shrubbery found in the park.
1 Hotel Brooklyn Bridge offers wellness amenities, culling from experienced leaders in healing, mediation, nutrition, astrology and more. Guests can opt for experiences, including POE Yoga, a yoga and barre studio with infrared heat; Biet Simkin, offering mediation and wedding officiant services; and Dark Sky ceremonies/Full Moon parties that honor the cycle of our night sky and include reflective workshops, tarot card readings and Brooklyn-based DJ performances.
Location & Accessibility
Guests can easily access 1 Hotel Brooklyn Bridge by the East River Ferry, a two-minute drive over the Brooklyn Bridge or the MTA (three different subway lines). A novel amenity in the New York City area, the property also offers 300 valet parking spaces located under the hotel and universal charging stations for electric and hybrid vehicles. The property is 10 miles from LaGuardia Airport and 25 miles from John F. Kennedy International Airport.
Available until April 16, 2017, guests who book the opening offer, "Hello Brooklyn," will receive a complimentary upgrade to the next available room type, a $25 credit towards food & drinks, and a $10 Lyft credit or two ferry passes.
For availability and further information please contact you dedicated Travel Executive or click here for our contact information.