20th September 2017
Written on 20th September 2017
British Airways launches new Indian Ocean route
From 24th March 2018, British Airways customers will be able to fly direct from Heathrow Terminal 5 to the Seychelles, making British Airways the only airline offering a non-stop service from the UK.
Scattered across the Indian Ocean and famed as some of the most idyllic islands on the planet, flights will take to the skies twice-a-week from March to October and will be operated by the airline’s newest fleet of aircraft, the Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner. The Seychelles offers honeymooners, families and sun worshippers world famous beaches, crystal clear waters, easy island hopping and colourful coral reefs.
|Sector||Day of week||Departure time||Arrival time|
|LHR to SEZ||Wednesday and Saturday||17:50||07:00|
|SEZ to LHR||Thursday and Sunday||09:00||16:20|
Facts and stats:
- The Seychelles is made up of 115 individual islands
- The two largest islands are Mahé and Praslin
- The most popular time of year to visit is May through to November
- The average temperatures in May is 30 degrees
- The time difference is GMT -4
Source: British Airways