15th December 2017
Written on 15th December 2017
Gatwick launches its first passenger app with flight information, live queue times and more
Gatwick’s new app – one of several passenger-facing digital innovations coming on stream soon - offers passengers personalised flight alerts, real-time queue updates for check-in and security, intuitive navigation using beacon technology and shopping, restaurant and airport offers.
Other initiatives going live soon in Gatwick’s ‘digital transformation’ programme include advanced chat bots, augmented reality wayfinding and the airport-wide use of the Internet of Things.
The new app means that holidaymakers and business travellers can enjoy a more seamless experience when travelling through Gatwick as it boasts a range of features including:
- Personalised flight information – real-time updates onflight status and gate information straight to your mobile
- Real-time queue updates – for check-in and security to plan your time at the airport
- Intuitive maps - guiding passengers through the airport using 2,000 navigation beacons located throughout terminal buildings
- Shopping and eating offers – specific to your terminal and instantly redeemable from your phone
Personalised flight information pushed to your phone includes boarding status and gate access, which means passengers can enjoy their time at the airport without having to hunt for flight information screens.
The free app is a one-stop shop for all things Gatwick with benefits extending beyond use in the terminal buildings, including:
- Real-time road and rail travel information
- Ability to book Official Gatwick Parking, Premium Security or Premium Passport Control
- A handy ‘Where’s my car?’ feature so those using Gatwick’s on-site car parks can easily store their parking location for a hassle-free return journey
- ‘Which Terminal’ to get you to the right location for your flight
- Passenger pick-up and drop-off information, ideal for those meeting friends and family on an inbound flight
- Information on services across the airport including baby changing, charging points, hotels and lounges
- Easy access to information for passengers requiring special assistance services or those with hidden disabilities
The app is available to download now from both the Apple App Store and Google Play.