4th January 2017
Written on 3rd January 2017
Industrial action affecting London Southern Rail and Gatwick Express services
Services on all routes will be severely disrupted on all dates until further notice due to the the ASLEF union’s on-going refusal to allow drivers to work overtime.
Gatwick Express train services are currently operate to a reduced half-hourly frequency and are running between London Victoria and Gatwick Airport only.
These affected dates are currently:
- Tuesday 3rd January
- Wednesday 4th January
- Thursday 5th January
- Friday 6th January
- Saturday 7th January
- Sunday 8th January
ASLEF and RMT strikes will also affect Southern and Gatwick Express services on the following dates (please click on the link for more information):
- 9 to 14 January 2017: Travel advice for ASLEF and RMT drivers strike - Southern Rail advises you not to travel during the drivers' strike
- Travel advice for ASLEF overtime ban: daily until further notice except on the days listed above
Services are expected to be particularly disrupted on the drivers' strike dates with no services on most routes.
Thameslink, Great Northern and London Midland services are not directly affected by the strike action, however these services are expected to be extremely busy.
Only the following services will run:
- Thameslink services: Will operate to a normal timetable.
- Gatwick Express: A service will operate between London Victoria and Gatwick Airport every 30 minutes between approximately 05.00 and 22.00.
- Southern: No services on any route.
More information: http://www.southernrailway.com/your-journey/strike
More information: http://www.gatwickexpress.com/
Please plan your journey in advance and allow plenty of extra time to get to the airport.
The Appointment Group will provide further updates accordingly.
For any further information, please contact your dedicated Travel Executive.
The Appointment Group