31st May 2018
Written on 24th May 2018
Qantas and Air France renew partnership to offer customers more travel options between Australia and France
Qantas and Air France customers will now have more options to travel between Europe and Australia via Asia following a renewed codeshare agreement between the two carriers.
Available for booking from 5th June for travel from 20th July 2018, Air France will add its code to Qantas flights between Hong Kong and Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane and between Singapore and Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Perth.
Air France customers will also be able to access codeshare services from Sydney to five cities on the Australian airline’s domestic network; Canberra, Hobart, Adelaide, Cairns and Darwin.
Under the reciprocal deal, Qantas will add its code to flights operated by Air France between Singapore and Hong Kong and Paris-Charles de Gaulle, as a continuation of flights from Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne and Perth.
The new agreement will see the two airlines codeshare on a total of more than 200 flights per week.
Customers will benefit from more seamless travel experiences with single ticket itineraries and through-checked baggage as well as the opportunity to earn points on the new codeshare services.
Air France eligible customers will also be able to access Qantas lounges in Hong Kong, Singapore and Australia, as well as Qantas eligible customers to Air France lounges in Paris, Hong Kong and Singapore.
Patrick Alexandre, EVP Commercial Sales and Alliances at Air France-KLM, said: “We are very pleased to be re-establishing a partnership with Qantas. Thanks to this agreement, the Air France-KLM group will be able to offer one of the best possible travel solutions for its customers from Europe to Australia. This new cooperation confirms our group’s desire to expand in the Asia-Pacific region.”
Flight schedules (in local time) operated by Air France in July - October 2018:
- AF256: leaves Paris-Charles de Gaulle at 20:50, arrives in Singapore at 15:45 the following day;
- AF257: leaves Singapore at 22:35, arrives at Paris-Charles de Gaulle at 6:00 the following day.
A daily flight
- AF188: leaves Paris-Charles de Gaulle at 23:35, arrives in Hong Kong at 17:35 the following day;
- AF185: leaves Hong Kong at 22:50, arrives at Paris-Charles de Gaulle at 5:55 the following day.
A daily flight
Daily flight schedules (in local time) operated by Qantas in July - October 2018:
- QF081: leaves Sydney at 10:15, arrives in Singapore at 16:50;
- QF035: leaves Melbourne at 11:55, arrives in Singapore at 17:55;
- QF051: leaves Brisbane at 12:00, arrives in Singapore at 18:15;
- QF071: leaves Perth at 11:50, arrives in Singapore at 17:20.
- QF128: leaves Hong Kong at 20:00, arrives in Sydney at 6:55 the following day;
- QF118: leaves Hong Kong at 23:25, arrives in Sydney at 10:50 the following day;
- QF030: leaves Hong Kong at 20:10, arrives in Melbourne at 7:35 the following day;
- QF098: leaves Hong Kong at 20:15, arrives in Brisbane at 7:05 the following day.
- QF127: leaves Sydney at 10:35, arrives in Hong Kong at 18:00;
- QF029: leaves Melbourne at 9:35, arrives in Hong Kong at 17:20;
- QF097: leaves Brisbane at 10:45, arrives in Hong Kong at 18:00.