4th May 2017
Written on 4th May 2017
Qantas new Kangaroo route on Sale - London-Perth-Melbourne on the B787
Qantas customers can now book non-stop flights from the UK to Australia for the first time, with tickets for Qantas' London Heathrow-Perth route on sale now.
Daily flights will begin on 25th March 2018 and form part of a new London Heathrow-Perth-Melbourne return service, a new QF9/10. Customers from the UK and Europe will also be able to connect to other Australian cities via Perth.
Services will be operated by Qantas new Boeing 787-Dreamliner, designed specifically for comfort on long-haul sectors, offering:
- Built-in features to reduce jetlag and improve the overall travel experience;
- A high level of comfort in our cabins, with a lower seat count than most of our competitors;
- Tweaks to our inflight service so customers enjoy the journey even more.
Perth Airport experience
The experience for customers travelling through Perth will be seamless, with a new international transit lounge to be built at Perth Airport. Qantas international and domestic flights will arrive and depart from the same terminal (T3/T4), with dedicated customs and immigration.
Changes to Melbourne international services and new A380 flying
The new QF9/10 will replace Qantas existing London-Dubai-Melbourne services, offering Melbourne customers:
- A faster flying time and quicker connections in Perth that will reduce total travel time from London to Melbourne by more than an hour compared with existing A380 services;
- The ongoing option to fly with partner Emirates on the Qantas code from Dubai to Melbourne with convenient connections to the extensive Qantas domestic network.
Qantas A380 that currently operates London-Melbourne will be redeployed to meet periods of high demand to destinations in Asia, including from Melbourne and Sydney to Hong Kong and Singapore.