17th November 2016
Written on 17th November 2016
Qantas new Virtual Reality app gives travellers a virtual experience before they flyQantas has launched a new virtual reality (VR) app – Qantas VR (opens in new window) – giving customers an interactive new way to discover and explore destinations before physically travelling there. Available for iPhone, Android, Samsung Gear VR, Oculus Rift, and HTC Vive devices, the app showcases Australia’s distinctive landscape through a series of immersive videos, including never before seen aerial footage of Uluru and Kata Tjuta. The app was launched with thirteen videos with additional content to progressively roll out over the weeks. Videos available on the Qantas VR App include:
- Northern Territory– Tourism Northern Territory and Voyages were key tourism partners for the development of the Northern Territory content, which includes videos of Field of Light, Ormiston Gorge in Alice Springs, Kata Tjuta, and a bike ride around Uluru.
- Queensland - Hamilton Island Escape – Fly with the pilots in the cockpit of a Qantas jet as it lands at Hamilton Island airport, relax at Qualia resort, swim in the Great Barrier Reef, enjoy a helicopter tour and sail to Whitehaven Beach.
- New South Wales - Experience Sydney Harbour – Stand on the shores of Circular Quay, enjoy the iconic sights of the Sydney Opera House and Sydney Harbour Bridge, fly above Sydney Harbour and along the Sydney coastline.
- Climb Sydney Harbour Bridge – Take in the sights and sounds of the city as you climb the Sydney Harbour Bridge. Watch as the traffic and boats pass below you and celebrate the view with your fellow climbers at the top.
- Experience Vivid Sydney – Vivid Sydney, the festival of Lights, Music and Ideas illuminates Sydney each winter. See the Sydney harbour Bridge and other icons become an outdoor gallery of lighting sculptures.