2nd March 2017
Written on 2nd March 2017
Qantas reveals class-leading Premium Economy SeatQantas has revealed its next generation Premium Economy seat, which will debut on the airline’s fleet of Boeing 787-9 Dreamliners from October 2017. Wider and with more functional space overall, the new seat has a unique recline motion that provides a class-leading level of comfort. When the rear of the seat reclines, several sections shift to support your body as you move into a more relaxing position. Other key features of Premium Economy on the Qantas Dreamliner include:
- A separate cabin of 28 seats, configured in a two-three-two layout to improve aisle access for middle passengers.
- A seat that is almost 10 per cent wider than Qantas’ existing Premium Economy (and as wide as Business Class on other airlines) as well as increased recline.
- An ergonomically designed headrest that can be fitted with a specially designed pillow and a re-engineered footrest that significantly increases comfort when reclining.
- High-definition Panasonic inflight entertainment seatback screens that are 25 per cent larger.
- Five individual storage compartments and two USB charging points per seat, as well as shared AC power and a personal LED light designed to minimise disturbance of other passengers.
- Qantas Group CEO Alan Joyce unveiled the seat to employees and media at the airline’s Sydney headquarters.