2nd May 2018
Written on 2nd May 2018
United opens Polaris lounge at San Francisco International Airport
United has opened it's second Polaris Lounge, located in the international terminal at San Francisco International Airport (SFO).
Customers traveling in United Polaris, United’s premium cabin travel experience, will be able to relax and dine prior to their travels or refresh upon arrival in the lounge at SFO conveniently located in the International Terminal near Gate G92. The lounge located in the International Terminal was carefully and thoughtfully designed with full-service amenities that are uniquely United and distinctly California.
United Polaris Lounge at SFO Facts & Highlights:
- Two levels across more than 28,000 square feet
- 440 seats
- 19 different types of seating
- 492 power outlets and 492 USB ports
- 8 pieces of art by prominent Bay Area artists, all San Francisco Museum of Modern Art (SFMoMA) Society for the Encouragement of Contemporary Art (SECA) Art Award honorees
- 5 private daybeds outfitted with Saks Fifth Avenue bedding
- 8 luxurious shower suites, featuring rainfall showers and Soho House & Co's Cowshed Spa products
- Personal valet services, including steaming garments
Options for dining are unlimited with "The Dining Room" – a private restaurant style dining area with a menu designed by Chef Tritia Gestuvo, a California native. You have a bistro-like buffet and cocktails inspired by the Bay Area.
[gallery columns="2" size="medium" ids="22413,22412"]
The United Polaris lounge at Newark Liberty International Airport is expected to open by early June, the lounge at George Bush Intercontinental in Houston this summer and the lounge at Los Angeles International Airport this fall.
The focus behind the United Polaris experience has always been to provide long-haul travelers with what they've asked for: better sleep in the sky. On average, United plans to add one aircraft with the new United Polaris business class seat every 10 days from now through 2020.