15th February 2018
Written on 15th February 2018
Air France delights your taste buds all year round
As an ambassador for French cuisine in the sky, in 2018 the company has entrusted its La Première and Business menus to six renowned Michelin-starred chefs. In collaboration with Servair, they help to create the menus, choose the products and design the dishes that make up the Air France menus available to customers.
In the Premium Economy and Economy cabins, Air France also offers its customers the latest in gourmet delights.
Joël Robuchon, the chef with the most Michelin stars in the world, Michel Roth, the Michelin-starred chef from the Ritz, Olivier Bellin, the chef with two Michelin stars, Anne-Sophie Pic, the Michelin-starred chef from La Dame de Pic and la Maison Pic, Guy Martin, the renowned chef from the Grand Véfour and legendary French chef Régis Marcon all take turns in the La Première and Business cabins to ensure an unforgettable taste experience on long-haul flights (1).
- January, February, March 2018 : La Première with Joël Robuchon, Business with Olivie Bellin
- April, May, June 2018 : La Première with Anne-Sophie Pic, Business with Guy Martin
- July, August, Septembre 2018 : La Première with Régis Macron, Business with Michel Roth
- October, November, December 2018 : La Première with Guy Martin, Business with Régis Macron
In addition, on departure from the Caribbean and French Guiana, Babette de Rozières revisits the classics of Creole cuisine in the Business and Premium Economy cabins. On flights to Seoul (South Korea), the dishes created by Korean chef Youn-Young Kim introduce customers to the wealth of Asian flavours. On departure from the United States and Canada, La Première and Business customers can enjoy Michelin-starred chef Daniel Boulud's cuisine until 28th February. Between Buenos Aires (Argentina) and Paris, Olivier Falchi, an ambassador of French cuisine in South America offers Business customers 6 alternating dishes. Finally, to Guangzhou, Hong Kong, Beijing, Shanghai and Wuhan in China as well as Singapore, Zhao Guangyou offers Business customers dishes based on traditional imperial cuisine, with carefully chosen ingredients.
In addition to the dishes created by the chefs, on departure from Paris and on all long-haul flights, Air France offers a free selection of A la carte dishes (2) in the La Première and Business cabins: "Thai cuisine", "Chinese tradition", "Flavours of India", "Flavours of Japan", "Korean delights" and "Seafood basket".
In Premium Economy and Economy, as an alternative to the standard menu offered on board, a wide range of A la Carte menus is available: "Le Marché de Jean Imbert" created by the winner of the French TV show Top Chef in 2012, "Une Sélection Lenôtre", "Tradition Menu", "Ocean Menu", "Italian Menu" and "My Fun Menu" (3).
Customers can book the "A la Carte" dish or the "A la carte" menu of their choice up to 24 hours before flight departure at the time of booking or in the section "View / Modify your bookings" as well as at call centres and Air France ticket offices.
(1) Also available in the Business cabin on medium-haul flights to / from Algiers, Amman, Athens, Bucharest, Casablanca, Yerevan, Istanbul until 24 March 2018, Kiev, Marrakech, Moscow, Oran, Rabat, Stockholm, Sofia, St Petersburg, Tel Aviv, Tunis and Warsaw
(2) Except flight AF022 from Paris to New York
(3) On board as from 1st April 2018
Source: Air France