6th December 2016
Written on 5th December 2016
London's Gatwick Express and Southern Rail services disruption in December and during the Holidays
Due to the industrial action by drivers in the ASLEF and RMT unions, Gatwick Express and Southern Rail services are to be severely disrupted every day from Tuesday, 6th December until further notice.
Passengers are advised to expect a severely reduced and disrupted service every day while this industrial action is in place.
In addition, ASLEF and RMT strikes will affect Southern Rail and Gatwick Express services on the following dates:
- Tuesday 6th to Thursday 8th December 2016 (RMT conductors’ strike)
- Tuesday 13th and Wednesday 14th December 2016 (ASLEF & RMT drivers’ strike)
- Friday 16th December 2016 (ASLEF & RMT drivers’ strike)
- Monday 19th to Tuesday 20th December 2016 (RMT conductors’ strike) – changed date*
- Saturday 31st December to Monday 2nd January 2017 (RMT conductors’ strike)
- Monday 9th to Saturday 14th January 2017 (ASLEF & RMT drivers’ strike)
*Please note that the previously announced conductor strike on 22th-24th December has been changed to 19th-20th December 2016.
Services are expected to be particularly disrupted on the drivers’ strike dates with no services on most routes.
There is also likely to be increased disruption over the Christmas and New Year period. Other operators’ services are not affected, but may be busier. Journey planners will only be updated 24 hours before the date in question. Travel updates will be available as soon as they are confirmed on this web page.
For any further information, please contact your dedicated Travel Executive.
The Appointment Group