15th August 2017
Written on 10th August 2017
Waldorf Astoria Chengdu opens as Hilton’s 200th hotel in Asia PacificHilton and Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, announced the opening of Waldorf Astoria Chengdu, the company's 200th hotel in Asia Pacific. Located in Western China's gateway city of Chengdu, the 289-room Waldorf Astoria Chengdu is housed within the high-end in 99 Plaza, a 190,000 square meter mixed-use development comprising a retail mall, office towers, and apartment towers. A 52-storey, art deco inspired landmark that weaves classic elegance with modern luxury, Waldorf Astoria Chengdu offers guests an inspirational environment in the new financial district of Chengdu Hi-Tech Zone. The hotel also enjoys easy access to the city, with the nearest Metro station located just 600m, or an eight-minute walk, from the hotel. The Southern Railway Station, New Century Global Centre, and New International Exhibition & Convention Centre are also nearby. Guest rooms at Waldorf Astoria Chengdu start from a spacious 50 square meters, each elegantly-furnished and featuring the signature Waldorf Astoria bed, a walk-in closet, marble bathrooms with double vanities, and modern entertainment amenities. A personal concierge cabinet at the entryway of each room ensures convenience and allows for discreet service at all times. Waldorf Astoria Chengdu features six restaurants and bars, including:
- Brasserie 99 is a European-style brasserie that serves innovative and inspired flavours from around the world. With grand chandeliers and floor-to-ceiling windows that provide views of the city, this is the place for an elegant dining experience.
- Infinite Luck Chinese Restaurant serves a wide array of Cantonese specialties. The décor is bold and sophisticated, and the restaurant has four private dining rooms for family celebrations and business functions.
- Peacock Alley Lobby Lounge and Bar was modelled after the New York original and features 'live' piano and violin music. With an elegant 'living room' vibe, it has marble, brass, and Art Deco detailing, and offers the signature Waldorf Astoria Afternoon Tea.
- Limited Edition Grill is a casual American grill restaurant, where guests can see the chefs in action. Styled by renowned designer Jeffrey Beers, this restaurant features prime cuts of beef, sustainable seafood, and a magnificent wine list.
- Limited Edition SIP Wine Bar showcases artisanal spirits, craft beers, and fine wines from around the world. The setting is refined, with luxurious wooden décor and plush leather seating that add to the welcoming ambience.
- Wall Street Bar on the 52nd floor is a rooftop bar where guests can sip premium small-batch whiskeys and gins, while the resident DJ spins classic jazz, big band grooves, Detroit techno, funk soul, nu-disco, and deep-tech house music.